XXIX CONFERENCE OF THE INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR ON URBAN FORM 2022
ŁÓDŹ – KRAKÓW | SEPTEMBER 6 – 11, 2022
Urban Redevelopment and Revitalisation
A Multidisciplinary Perspective
The Congress submission system is now open. Please go to the Submission Page where you might find all the necessary information and templates. You will find the paper submission system at https://isuf2022.exordo.com .
Below there are the most important deadlines.
Early registration 20.06.2022
Regular registration 31.07.2022
Final Submission 31.07.2022
Draft programme 10.08.2022
The abstracts’ submission has finished.
Due to numerous queries from Colleagues, it has been decided to extend the deadline for the abstract submission on the Conference platform up to February the 10th.
The post-congress publication including the selection of best papers will be published as a volume in the Urban Studies collection by Springer.
The volume title – Urban Morphology versus Urban Redevelopment and Revitalisation. A Multidisciplinary Perspective. The articles selected for the publication will be peer-reviewed.
All the remaining papers (not peer-reviewed) will be included in the Congress proceedings.
The theme will explore the current state of evolving world urban morphology, encompassing the following subthemes:
- classical and innovative theoretical concepts of the redevelopment and revitalisation of spatial structures; the discussion of terminology (renewal, regeneration, reconstruction, restoration, decomposition, restructuring, etc.)
- methods of research of the transformation processes of settlement spatial structures (based on: Conzenian and Muratorian schools of urban morphology, Space Syntax etc.) and their application
- decision-making factors and political, legal and administrative conditions for redevelopment and renewal of the urban tissue
- social and cultural determinants of spatial redevelopment and regeneration (including social participation and conflicts, structural changes, cultural diversity, quality of life, etc.)
- economical, functional and infrastructural changes and their impact on the renewal processes (from global to local scale), including the spatial transformations of post-industrial cities
- directions of change in the historic urban structures (problems of preserving, protecting and various forms of use; the different approaches to the revitalisation of historical city centers and suburbs, issues of sustainability and resilience of urban structures)
- practical architectural and urban solutions; planning and design of the public and open space using selected examples and comparative approaches
EC1 in Lodz, Photograph by Piotr Zaguła
Wawel Castle in Kraków, Photograph by Maciej Motak
|Deadline for abstracts|
|Abstracts acceptance||March, 31, 2022|
|Author’s registration||Early bird June, 20, 2022|
July, 31, 2022
|Papers submission||July, 31, 2022|
|Program draft||August, 08, 2022|
|Members registration||July, 31, 2022|
|Program||August, 20, 2022|
|11:00-13:00||Parallel sessions 1|
|14:00-16:00||Parallel sessions 2|
|11:00-13:00||Parallel sessions 3|
|14:00-16:00||Parallel sessions 4|
|16:30-18:30||Parallel sessions 5|
|9:30-10:30||Plenary session (Lodz Round table)|
|11:00-13:00||Parallel sessions 6|
|14:00-16:00||Parallel sessions 7|
|16:30||drive to Kraków|
|9:30-10:30||Plenary session (Kraków Round table)|
|11:00-13:00||Parallel sessions 8|
|14:00-16:00||Parallel sessions 9|
|9:00||Study Tours (Wieliczka, Zakopane, Ojców)|
Urban Planning and Architecture Commission Krakow Branch of Polish Academy of Science
prof. dr hab. inż. arch. Anna Agata Kantarek, Cracow University of Technology
dr hab. inż. arch. Małgorzata Hanzl, Lodz University of Technology
dr Tomasz Figlus, University of Lodz
dr Łukasz Musiaka, University of Lodz