XXIX CONFERENCE OF THE INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR ON URBAN FORM 2022
ŁÓDŹ – KRAKÓW | SEPTEMBER 6 – 11, 2022
Urban Redevelopment and Revitalisation
A Multidisciplinary Perspective
The ISUF 2022 Conference will be held entirely live, and partially online. With about 300 presentations and the opportunity to meet again live, this time in Lodz and Krakow (for the first time in Central and Eastern Europe) and also online, the conference promises to be a great and unforgettable experience.
The Lodz-Krakow ISUF conference will be held over multiple time zones to accommodate all the presentations from scholars in more than 30 countries from all continents. The Conference open meetings will start at 10am (Summer Central European Time – GMT+2) time on September 7, and end on September 11, 2022.
The links to the conference online portal – https://isuf2022live.pl/ and the required access data have been sent to all the congress registered Delegates on the 5th of September (23:34 CEST time) – please kindly check your emails (including spam folders if you do not see them) for this information.
The Book of Abstracts is available at https://isuf2022.org/abstracts/.
IMPORTANT DETAILS FOR PARTICIPANTS
The conference has a hybrid form. Plenary Sessions are in person/ hybrid during days 7-10 September 2022 (CEST time) and will be transmitted online in real-time and recorded. Parallel Sessions in person (during days) and online (during nights) will be recorded and available to registered participants after the conference (2 months).
All needed links will be provided to registered conference participants.
Each paper’s authors in oral sessions have 15 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for the discussion.
Each poster’s authors in oral sessions have 10 minutes for a poster presentation. The poster’s authors are asked to upload their work on the ExOrdo site (poster presentations) to form a poster exhibition, seen on the conference site.
The Round Table Panel has 120 or 100 minutes (depending on the programme) for the general discussion on a given topic, which was formulated by the RTP chair. This chair invites several debaters to lead the session.
Authors are kindly asked to open their presentations from their own carriers; loaded before the session in a given room (in person) or directly in zoom (online).
The Congress submission system is now open. Please go to the Submission Page where you might find all the necessary information and templates. You will find the paper submission system at https://isuf2022.exordo.com .
Dear Delegates – this is absolutely necessary that you register through EXORDO before sending us the bank transfer. Please also include your name and ISUF2022 in the transfer title. Otherwise, it is very difficult for us to trace your payment.
Below there are the most important deadlines.
Early registration 23.06.2022
Regular registration 31.07.2022
Final Submission 06.09.2022
Draft programme 10.08.2022
The abstracts’ submission has finished.
Due to numerous queries from Colleagues, it has been decided to extend the deadline for the abstract submission on the Conference platform up to February the 10th.
The post-congress publication including the selection of best papers will be published as a volume in the Urban Studies collection by Springer.
The volume title – Urban Morphology versus Urban Redevelopment and Revitalisation. A Multidisciplinary Perspective. The articles selected for the publication will be peer-reviewed.
All the remaining papers (not peer-reviewed) will be included in the Congress proceedings.
The theme will explore the current state of evolving world urban morphology, encompassing the following subthemes:
- classical and innovative theoretical concepts of the redevelopment and revitalisation of spatial structures; the discussion of terminology (renewal, regeneration, reconstruction, restoration, decomposition, restructuring, etc.)
- methods of research of the transformation processes of settlement spatial structures (based on: Conzenian and Muratorian schools of urban morphology, Space Syntax etc.) and their application
- decision-making factors and political, legal and administrative conditions for redevelopment and renewal of the urban tissue
- social and cultural determinants of spatial redevelopment and regeneration (including social participation and conflicts, structural changes, cultural diversity, quality of life, etc.)
- economical, functional and infrastructural changes and their impact on the renewal processes (from global to local scale), including the spatial transformations of post-industrial cities
- directions of change in the historic urban structures (problems of preserving, protecting and various forms of use; the different approaches to the revitalisation of historical city centers and suburbs, issues of sustainability and resilience of urban structures)
- practical architectural and urban solutions; planning and design of the public and open space using selected examples and comparative approaches
EC1 in Lodz, Photograph by Piotr Zaguła
Wawel Castle in Kraków, Photograph by Maciej Motak
|Deadline for abstracts|
|Abstracts acceptance||March, 31, 2022|
|Author’s registration||Early bird June, 23, 2022|
July, 31, 2022
|Program draft||August, 10, 2022|
|Members registration||July, 31, 2022|
|Program||August, 20, 2022|
Task carried out from the state budget or from state purpose funds / Zadanie realizowane z budżetu państwa lub z państwowych funduszy celowych
Projekt zakłada organizację dwudziestej dziewiątej edycji dorocznego Kongresu International Seminar on Urban Form w Łodzi oraz w Krakowie. Corocznie, poczynając od 1994 roku, kongres gromadzi naukowców z całego świata zainteresowanych zagadnieniami związanymi z morfologią miasta. Dotychczasowe edycje Kongresu odbywały się w miastach europejskich, obu Ameryk, Azji oraz w Australii. Obecna edycja dotyczy pierwszego Kongresu w Europie Środkowo-Wschodniej. Proponowana tematyka dotyczy kwestii przekształceń struktury miejskiej i rewitalizacji w ujęciu multidyscyplinarnym. Tematyka kongresu wpisuje się w zakres zagadnień, które stanowią podstawowe wyzwania dla rozwoju przestrzennego Łodzi i Krakowa i innych miast polskich.
Urban Planning and Architecture Commission Krakow Branch of Polish Academy of Science
prof. dr hab. inż. arch. Anna Agata Kantarek, Cracow University of Technology
dr hab. inż. arch. Małgorzata Hanzl, Lodz University of Technology
dr Tomasz Figlus, University of Lodz
dr Łukasz Musiaka, University of Lodz